The Stratton / Braddock House in New Jersey
Built by Isaac Stratton, Mark Stratton's son, in 1760, a year after Mark was buried.
The home was sold to the family frends, the Braddock Family, in 1795, and still remains to this day!
The address is 70 S. Main St., Medford, New Jersey, 08055 USA - one block from Mark's burial site.

Most of the land of what is now Medford Village was owned by two families in l775– the Braddocks and the Branins. This brick residence was built of Flemish Bond brick that year for John Braddock, a tanner, by Isaac Stratton. It was probably built in two sections. The house has a varied pattern, as every other brick has a salt glazed end– of dark green color, very shiny and having the hardness of flint. In l795, Robert Braddock purchased the property.
Stratton Hall Historical Site in New Jersey: http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMGZY_Medford_Owen_Stratton_House
Stratton Burying Ground Historical Site in New Jersey: http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMH0G_Stratton_Burying_Ground


A SELF-GUIDED TOUR of 63 of Medford New Jersey's Historic Sites

70 South Main Street
This 2 story, 5 bay, center hall house is thought to have been the home of Mark Stratton who died in 1759, making it one of the earliest homes in Medford Village. It has a gabled slate roof and the faÁade features a Flemish bond brick pattern. Above the second floor is a single belt course of brick originally for a pent roof. Braddock's Insurance was here before it was sold and relocated to 22 North Main Street. This home was listed in 1982 by the Heritage Studies Survey as a Key Building, because of its value to the historical character of Medford Village.

Stokes Road, opposite Himmelein Road
On January 25, 1813, this acre of land was purchased from Enoch and Hannah Stratton for $104 by the Township Committee of old Evesham. The committee members were John Jessup, John Borton, Job Collins, Jr., Joseph Haines and Joseph Evans. The deed stated that the land was to be used "for a public burying place for the use and benefit of the inhabitants of the Township of Evesham and for no other use or purpose whatsoever." At the time of this purchase there were two Friends Burial Grounds in Evesham ≠ one on Union Street in Medford and the other on Hainesport Road in Mount Laurel, which back then was still part of old Evesham Township. Additionally, there was the Peacock Cemetery in Chairville. The late Ephraim Tomlinson II pointed out in his 1992 study of this cemetery that, if the deceased were not a Quaker or a Peacock, the only place a person could be buried was in a forgotten corner of the family farm. In 1813 this new Stratton Burying Ground solved that problem for many local families. When Medford was separated in 1847 from old Evesham Township, the cemetery became Medford property. At the suggestion of the Historic Advisory Board, the fencing at the cemetery was installed for Medford's Sesquicentennial Celebration in 1997.

60 South Main Street
Owen Stratton, a Quaker, was born on his family's farm south of Medford Village in 1769. He purchased this 2-_ story, gable roofed, frame home circa 1835 in order to be closer to the Friends Meeting House on Union Street. The home has five bays with a center door on the first floor and three bays on the second level.